Tuesday 11 October 2011

THREE GENERATIONS........THROUGH MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!

yesterday it was a wonderful experience at home.the occasion was lakhhi pujo.......one of the favourite pujos of mine.its my favourite coz i can be on my own this day...there is no need to go out,no need to hop around the pandal,one can just relaxingly sit at home and explore the extent of his/her creativity.though my babai had office but me and my mom perfectly bahaved as great task manage masters.one more reason that gives me immense happiness on dis day is dat i get a special power to command and supervise everyone in their tasks.as,a kid i had always grown up seeing my thamma working relentlessly throughout this day.in the seperate puja ghar,thamma used to sit on the floor all day long to feed us and our dear thakur with all kinds of mouthwateringdelicacies.she used to make narkoler narus both brown and white(though i still dont know why there is such a variation in colour when the core ingredient is the same),tafti,tiler naru,tillai,sandesh,gur pakri,khaier muwaa,.....and many more.and yes,i can bet that it was far far more better than wat we get mowadays readymade before the pujas.the main thing that i miss in these food is the love,care n tenderness of my thammas touch which used to make those ordinary food really extraordinary.
                     then in the evening ma used to decorate the thakur ghar so nicely with alponas and kadam phool dat i used to feel raelly mesmerised.she can do the task of almost ten women at one time.she is a super woman in my eye.i remember at the sandhi lagna we all used to seat in those beautifully knitted asanas and with the divine smell of agarbattis and dhuno,we all used to listen to the pachali.during those days,i sometimes used to feel very impatient because i was much more interested in eating the proshad as soon as the puja session finishes.
                      time has passed so quick and now i have transformed from a girl to lady.i have started realising my responsibilities slowly but steadyly.i hav seen my thammaa growing older n older.i have seen the helpness in her eyes that she cant help us in out pre puja preparations,she is 80 years old now.still she is so much eager to help my mom n me in any way she can.but her body doesnt suppot her mind,her eagerness............she can nomore sit on the floor n make such delicious sweet dishes on this particular day.she cant stand in front of the gas to do those aloobghajas and fingerlickingly good begun bhajas.but over the years she has done onething beautifully..........n dat is passing on the legacy to me.i hope dat i could live upto her expectations in the coming years...................so,she is a true lakkhi thakur for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment